Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Random

I don't make new year resolutions. First of all, who said it was 'new'? Or 'happy'? A 'year' I can pretend to understand - something that some people with lots of 'time' on their hands decided to do - count how long it takes for our planet to circle around a star once. Now this varies anywhere from 340 to 380 days. A 'common' year is 365 days. 


So hello everybody, 'happy', 'common', 'new' year. Now did I mention I hate adjectives? Oh it was adverbs. Well, adjectives are next on my hate-list. I can put up with things like 'beautiful' woman, or 'fast' car. But 'slutty/ hot', 'beautiful' woman, or 'cool', 'fast' car?  A car is just a car, a woman is just a woman... Aah well, ok, I will make exceptions, cuz after all not all beautiful women are hot, nor all hot women slutty. And I have nothing against cars, just that they are all fast compared to perambulation, but yeah, not all cars are cool.


Like I was saying, no resolutions. Just that I will post something on this blog. And drink more water. Less coffee. And no tonic. 


Find a new blog template. Consider leaving blogger for wordpress, maybe, something to categorize these musings. Or have both, what do I lose?


And write about the songs I love or hate, whenever I feel like, just cuz I feel like it. 


Well, someone told me yesterday
That when you throw your love away
You act as if you just don't care
You look as if you're going somewhere



Now I don't like this song, but the words, the words, this I like. Why? Don't know. We don't know why we like the stuff we like, but we sure can write a 100 words why we don't like something. And I don't want to get into explaining how our brains function when we listen to music, 'cuz I can't explain for one, and second, I don't care. Metacognition and all those fancy words may be considered cool (and is necessary)  when you're writing a thesis paper, but I don't think I'll graduate on the strength (or weakness) of this blog. I don't think I will graduate anyway, but this feeling will last until I graduate and that time shall come soon and this too shall pass.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is sort of weird. I know my blog is in now way popular.

But you must read this:
http://32674.in/?p=83