Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Faults of Friends

Last day to submit paper. 3 more hours. And instead of tying up loose ends and orphan paragraphs last night,  I spent 5 hours listening to a song on repeat. Result: Busted phalanges from trying to play chords that require man-sized fingers.

All this cuz a buddy sent me a song that I (obviously) fell in love with, resulting in the result stated above - and no paper.

Still obsessing about song. Can't get it out of my head. Must be a sign for things to come.


So I'm running away.
I'm leaving this place.
Yeah, I'm running away.
I'm running away. 

And faster than you can follow me from this lonely place.
And farther than you can find me, I'm leaving
Yeah I'm leaving today.
And I, I'll never let you find me.
I'm leaving you behind with the past
No, I won't look back.
And I don't want to hear your reasons.
Don't want to hear you tell me why I should stay. 

And try, and try to understand me
And try to understand what I say when I say I can't stay
I, I'm moving on from this place
I'm leaving and I won't quit running away.

I'm running away.
I'm leaving this place.
Yeah, I'm running away.
I'm running away

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such friends should be Shot and Framed :P

-T

Anonymous said...

I am a perennial amateur guitarist unfortunately. can't go beyond the major chords, and no not even F.

Dropped in after a long long time. You haven't updated your poetry page...pity!