Saturday, September 04, 2010

Desire in the key of F#maj - a complex meter

Who would've thought it'd be so difficult 
to traverse these paths 
on your fretted back
with just the right touch?

There are more ways than one 
to tease you, please you,
I know that. I know. 
I know.

But I'm wooed by the illegitimacy
of darkened corners, 
by an elusive sound
drowning in the rising smoke.

This is the time
To keep time within swaying doors, 
but all I can do
is derive my own meaning 
in your sustained glance.
I imagine my flight
I feel your fight
To hear my caged silence
Within the slow measures
Of your sigh.

These pages have circles and mirrors
Inside and out, 
an urgent rising, an infinite reflection
with no rest till we find a resolution.
But this is a key 
in love and death
in lust and life
And changing where I place my scars
Just prolongs the agony
in empty spaces left behind.

I can't return anymore,I can't
return 
to the first movement, to the moment
we set this unbearable pitch. 

This time and place can not 
be transposed, to less-bled pathways
to an unshaking ground,
and if we try
we will only slip, be trapped, 
get entangled in this scale 
and slide fevered
into a whirlpool of shared dissonance
till we arrive clutching, gasping
at the right clef, for air.

Who would've thought you thought
I was the violent one dragging you to hell,
When the sheet music the dark music 
The raging music in my head 

was a blind reading of your hands on me?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.


~T.S. Eliot [Four Quartets, Little Gidding, Part V]

No comments: