Sunday, April 23, 2006

Drunk on Music - April 23rd, 2006

The music I love...for the voices, words, and the images they paint in my mind, may be the memories they evoke...or bury. The music I drown in, the words I hide behind, the tunes I keep humming all day all night...

This list will grow with time. So the date. Its for me so that I don't forget...

1. Fallen - Sarah McLachlan

...and the cost was so much more than I could bear...
So don't come around here and tell me I told you so


2. So Far Away - Nickelback

Too long, too late, who was I to make you wait?
Just one chance, just one breath, just in case there's just one left...


3. Everything Burns - Anastacia and Ben Moody

This one for the images of fire and darkness, I see lamps swinging from the ceiling, their fire dying,...no, suddenly extinguished,...papers burning, and a silhoutte of a man playing a guitar, surrounded by flames.

4. My Immortal - Evanescence

The version I love is the one that explodes with drums...heard it for the first time on a cold January night in Bangalore...

5. When I'm Gone - Michael Schenker

When I'm gone baby, who's gonna hold you from dark until dawn?> ... oh, I don't know.

6. How Do I Live - Trisha Yearwood

...I don't know that too.

7. High Hopes - Pink Floyd

8. Coming Back To Life - Pink Floyd

9. The Show Must Go On - Pink Floyd

10. Learning to Fly - Pink Floyd

Ok, enough of Floyd, I'd have to start listing entire albums. Reasons, well, too many. Ditto for Dylan.

11. The Promise, Change - Tracy Chapman

Aah, the voice, the emotion she renders to these songs...

12. When You Say You Love Me,... - Josh Groban

It's always about the voice, isn't it?

13. Wait For Sleep - Dream Theater

The piano, the words,...and God give me the power to take breath from a breeze
And call life from a cold metal frame


14. You and Me - Lifehouse

Just this:
What day is it
And in what month
This clock never seemed so alive
I can't keep up and I can't back down
I've been losing so much time


15. River - Joni Mitchell
I wish I had a river, I could skate away... beautiful.

16. Dreams, Zombie (acoustic version), Promises, Dying in the Sun - Cranberries

Maybe we should burn the house down
Have ourselves another fight
Leave the cobwebs in the closet
'Cuz tearing them out is just not right.


Her voice, my god...

17. Broken - Amy Lee with Seether

Yeah, the guitar, drums and voices.

No comments: